Mandarin Chef Down Under -New Video

Lucas is in his element when he is eating ๐Ÿ™‚ He often just gets up from what we are doing saying ‘I’m hungry…’ and off he goes to whip up snacks.

He started a YouTube channel ‘Mandarin Chef Down Under’ quite a while ago, making bilingual videos of some of the dishes he likes to make.ย  He was enjoying making them, when the iMovie app that he used on the phone to edit the videos just stopped working properly and nothing we did seemed to fix it.ย  Yesterday he goes to make his regular morning pancake fix and I mentioned that it was a shame iMovie stopped working…so he checked it and it’s all of a sudden working again.ย  So he gets set up to film again.ย  Bugger whatever it was he was just doing with his Mum, he’s making a video now ๐Ÿ™‚

I think that is the beauty of learning from home.ย  We can stop what we are doing if something more interesting comes up.ย  And I have no problem when he goes off ‘track’ to do something that means more to him, as long as he’s using his hands and mind, in the moment with something, then he’s learning.ย  Here is his ‘Banana Pancake video’.ย  In his previous videos, he has also added commentary in both English and Mandarin….suggested by Mum because I wanted that added layer of him practicing ‘speaking’ Mandarin ๐Ÿ˜ƒ , even though he had always argued that ‘cool’ You Tube cooking videos these days don’t have voice overs…just music and subtitles.ย  I won my argument with the fact that Jamie Oliver seems to say a lot and he does pretty well ๐Ÿ™‚ But this time, he has chosen to just add subtitles.ย  Much quicker for him…still having to translate into Mandarin…so Mum stillย  happy it is still helping him keep up his Mandarin ๐Ÿ™‚

Wonder if making a video of rehydrating a curry on a hike will look just as good ๐Ÿ˜œ